As this school lays great emphasis on discipline, slackness, disobedience and disregard for the rules will not be tolerated. Any negligence of good manners or common sense, any work of action likely to lower the image of the school is regarded as a breach of school discipline. The school reserves the right to take suitable disciplinary action, which may even amount to even suspension or expulsion from school, of a student whose diligence or progress in studies is considered unsatisfactory or whose conduct is harmful to other students. Immorality, insubordination, or contempt to authority and breaking norms and causing damage to school property are always sufficient reasons for immediate expulsion or rustication or any other disciplinary action as the authorities may deem fit.
1. Parents are directed not to enter classrooms to see their children or teachers during school hours. They can meet teachers only on P.T.M days or at a time fixed by prior appointment.
2. Parents are requested to inform the school if there is any change in their address or telephone numbers in the form of a written application and deposit the same at the School Administrative Office.
3. Leave for half day should not be asked for, for security reasons. In an emergency, written permission must be taken from the Principal through the class Teacher/Coordinator.
4. On normal working days, once the child comes to school he/she can go home at the end of the school hours. Parents are not allowed to take their ward back during school hours unless and until there is an emergency.
5. Parents should not that no permission will be granted for early leave on weekly test days.
6. If a child is very sick then he/she should not be sent to school at all rather than sending him/her to school and taking him/her back after weekly test.
7. Children, when sick, especially afflicted by a contagious disease should not be sent to school. Proper leave for the same from the Principal through the Class teacher/ coordinator must be applied for. A child absent due to a contagious disease will be allowed to resume classes on submission of medical fitness certificate issued by registered medical practitioner.
8. Should there be any legitimate complaint, please meet the coordinator at the earliest or write to him/her and the complaint should be immediately addressed and looked into.
9. Any communication made by the parents/ guardian should be addressed to the Principal through the class teacher. The address and phone number, admission number, class and section of the child should be clearly mentioned in the application.
10. Parents should note that any sort of application to the Principal or the management should be written in English on neat foolscap paper.
11. The school Almanac should be filled in completely with all the information required. The name, registration number, Class, section, and House of the pupil should be clearly marked on all the belongings of the student.
12. Parents should check the Almanac everyday and note the homework and other instructions given.
13. Care must be taken on all school property and if any damage is done, it will be made good by the concerned student together with the fine imposed for the offence. At times the whole class of the erring student may have to pay a “joint fine”. This may be done in very special cases to make the students learn the lesson of collective responsibility and discipline.
14. Students are not allowed to wear ear-rings. Girls are allowed to wear only small tops/studs. No student is allowed to put on nail polish/tattoos/mehendi under any circumstances or dye his/her hair or apply gel.
15. Parents should advise their wards not to carry any valuables like expensive watches, camera, calculators, mobiles, or jewellery to school. In case of loss of valuables, the authorities shall not undertake any responsibility.
16. Parents should take care to see that their ward (boys) should always have short cropped hair. In spite of warning of their wards continue to come with long hair, the school authorities will immediately get his hair cut by the school barber.
17. All students are expected to join the school on the notified date at the beginning of the semester or after each vacation.
18. Absence of the student on the last day of the beginning of a vacation or the first day after the vacation ends would attract strict disciplinary action against him/her.
19. Parents should note that no change of activity will be entertained in the middle of the session, once they have given their choice.
20. Those students who avoid meeting the authorities when advised to do so, may not be allowed to attend classes.
21. Parents and guardians should strictly note that absence during the term is not in the best interest of the student.
22. Rendering false or misleading information or withholding correct information may disqualify the child for admission or continuing education in the school.
23. Parents, and their wards must at all times follow all the rules, regulations and procedures laid down by the Management from time to time and should be very careful in the behaviour and conduct with the teachers, members of the school staff and Management.
24. Parents are requested to take note that their ward should not be tutored or coached privately at home by any teacher who is teaching in DPS(Joka) and that the violation of this rule will make the parent liable to strict action deemed fit in the interest of the school.
25. Parents must first consult the school calendar, date sheets and other circulars before making enquiries over the phone.
26. Parents are requested to carry the Parents copy of the identity Card with them whole visiting the school or any function organised by the school.
27. No student is allowed to bring present to school to mark his/her/others birthday or any other occasion.
28. Our school is a poly bag free zone. All parents are requested not to send or bring any articles like, Tiffin, stationary, craft, articles, etc to school in poly bags.
29. Parents and guardians are directed to read and explain the school rules to their wards.
30. Registrations for the admission formalities to be initiated are not a guarantee for admission. Admission shall be granted only when suitable vacancies exist and child’s performance in the entrance test is satisfactory as per the school competitive norms.
31. Parents should make careful note of various details regarding the payment of school fees.
32. Parents have to make satisfactory arrangement for remittance of school fees within due dates without waiting for any reminder from the school. It is mandatory to deposit the Monthly Tuition and Transport fees through Online Payment Mode. The monthly fees should be deposited through the Payment Gateway www.dpsjoka.org or it may also be paid directly in the school by swiping ones Debit Card/ Credit Card/ ATM Card. However, the bank charges for the same will be levied.
33. The Annual Fee incorporated in the school fee structure can be revised annually as per the decision of the Managing committee DPS (Joka).
34. The revision of the Monthly Tuition fees shall be linked with the National Cost of Living index and the decision of the Board of the management of the DPS (Joka) shall be binding upon parents whose wards study in DPS (Joka).
35. Annual Fees should be paid subsequently every year at the beginning of the session.